Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Difference Between You & Me

What really makes me sick about the breakbeat scene is the lack of "realness" among the artists. The artists are the ones who are supposed to be enlightened. They are creators and dreamers. I believe creation is the utmost closest you can get to God without outside intervention. It's why I express the fact that I am touching Gods face when I create. I can't tell you how it works, or where it comes from. I can explain the technical side, but not the creation side....

The reason I became so involved in music was the fact I grew up around my father in bands. I have been on stage and performed. The bands he was in played a lot of covers. It is now why i listen to such a diverse selection of music. I never liked playing covers or mimicking others tunes on my saxophone. I preferred solo playing from the top of my head. Part of the reason was b/c as a child, at home, this is how my father practiced. He never played covers at home. It was always freestyle from the top of his head. I still do not understand why he was in bands that played covers.

While playing along with my favorite songs is good practice, I could not ever intentionally steal what I am mimicking for my own creations. I would not feel right b/c I know I didn't write it. Plus, its not my true expression of what I feel. Its just my interpretation of what I feel about another's work.

There's a big difference from a DJ to the Artist. To become an artist, it truly is an evolution process of the mind. Most DJ's (not all) have swollen heads. It is said the reason there is no such thing as DJ parties is that all of our heads would be slamming into each others because they are so swollen with ego.

A true artist has no ego. They have been humbled. They understand their sanity is connected to expression through creation and that creation is the quintessential meaning to existence.. Without creation the world would be empty.

There's cats who are just a charade & there are cats who are real. Real recognizes real...plain and simple.

If you ain't real to yourself, how can you expect to be real for the world? Or has it come to a point where being fake is OK for you? I could never be fake and know it.

I guess my point is, where is the love? What happened to peace, love, respect and unity? Why are there ones money grubbing in the scene and stealing from others? Just for some money? What good is that money if you sell your soul to get it?

Create, Experience and Love,
Tears of Technology

Song Reference: Dr. Dre - What's The Difference (Ft. Eminem & Xzibit)

No comments: